Business Law Attorney
I am a business law attorney who can help you with the legal needs of your business. Whether you are forming a startup or having an existing enterprise, call me for a free consultation.
I can help you with forming LLCs and corporations, offer general tax and business advice and consulting services.
The following is a list of Louisiana business entities including:
- Sole Proprietorship: This is a business owned and operated by a single individual, and there is no legal distinction between the individual and the business.
- Partnership: A partnership is a business owned by two or more individuals who share profits and losses.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): An LLC is a hybrid business structure that combines the liability protection of a corporation with the tax benefits of a partnership. It is owned by members, and they are not personally liable for the company’s debts and obligations.
- Corporation: A corporation is a separate legal entity from its owners. It is owned by shareholders and managed by a board of directors. Shareholders are not personally liable for the corporation’s debts and obligations.
- Cooperative: A cooperative is a business owned and operated by its members, who share the profits and benefits.
- Limited Partnership (LP): An LP is a partnership where there are general partners who manage the business and limited partners who invest but do not participate in the management of the business.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): An LLP is a partnership where the partners have limited liability for the partnership’s debts and obligations.
Regarding the above list of business entities, here are the applicable legal citations:
Here are the applicable legal citations for the different types of business entities in Louisiana:
- Sole Proprietorship: There are no specific statutes governing sole proprietorships in Louisiana.
- Partnership: Louisiana Revised Statutes § 9:2021 et seq.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): Louisiana Revised Statutes § 12:1301 et seq.
- Corporation: Louisiana Revised Statutes § 12:201 et seq.
- Cooperative: Louisiana Revised Statutes § 12:501 et seq.
- Limited Partnership (LP): Louisiana Revised Statutes § 12:151 et seq.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): Louisiana Revised Statutes § 12:1501 et seq.
Call 985-888-0640 to speak to an experienced attorney if you need to form a business or resolve a business dispute.