How do you file a car insurance accident claim?

How do you file a car insurance claim?

It’s easy!  No, just kidding.  It’s kind of a giant pain if you don’t know what you’re doing.

If you’re determined to represent yourself, then you need to do several things:


  1. Get the police report and make sure the officer noted the other guy was at fault and that you were NOT noted to be at fault also.
  2. Find the at-fault driver’s insurance company, contact them to report a claim and make sure BOTH a property damage adjuster AND a personal injury adjuster are assigned to the claim.


From there, you’ll need to work with the adjuster to try and resolve the claim.  You will need to send them all your medical records and bills also in order to support your personal injury claims.

Do you know what those injuries are worth?  Probably not, but hey, at least you’re saving on attorney fees!

If you or your family member have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation.

The amount of compensation depends on many factors including, your medical bills, your pain and suffering, your property damages, whether you will miss work or not, and whether you will need ongoing treatment of future surgeries.

Whether you can get enough financial compensation also depends on the defendant’s amount of insurance or their ability to pay.

You need to speak to a seasoned car wreck lawyer who can advise you of your rights if you have been injured by in a car crash.


Things to Remember if You Have Been Injured in Car Accident in Covington:


      • Get immediate medical attention if needed.

      • Call the police and provide a detailed and thorough account of the car crash.

      • Get the Item Number and Crash Report Number so that your attorney can order what is called the “Uniform Crash Report.”

      • Get the at-fault driver’s insurance information such as their insurer’s name and policy information so that we can contact them and file a claim

      • Call Kervin Law for a free consultation so we can advise you of your rights and duties and help you get the compensation you deserve.